Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Onion "Soup" Roasted Potatoes

from knorr.com
I'm cheating here.  This isn't original, it is just seriously delicious.  I'm pretty sure no one actually uses onion soup mix for soup.  It isn't a thing a I usually have around my house.  However, I happened to have a packet left form braising venison shanks.  When the holiday coupon book for Kroger came out, I saw this.  It seemed like the perfect, easy thing for the fingerling potatoes I had just bought.  Honestly, I can't imagine anyone complaining about these for any dinner.  And why not make the holiday feast a little less stressful by whipping these up?  A thin skinned potato is best: new, yukon gold, fingerlings, etc.


Onion "Soup" Roasted Potatoes
1 pkt onion soup mix
~2.5 lbs potatoes
~3 Tbsp oil (olive, canola, etc.)

  Wash potatoes and cut them into large bite-sized chunks, if needed.  Toss with oil and soup mix.
   Roast at 400 deg F for 30-45 minutes (depending on the potato.)  Toss every 15 min or so.  When tender and golden, they are done.
   Serves 6.


OR just follow Knorr's recipe here.  I didn't use Knorr, so their packets may be a little smaller, but I found that you can use more potatoes than the suggested amount.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback makes me happy!