Friday, March 7, 2014

Recommended Recipe: Curried Coconut Soup w/ Chicken

Curried Coconut Soup with Chicken Recipe
image:  Cooking Light
I don't cook from recipes, but I do love Cooking Light magazine.  I just like to browse the pages and get inspired.

On Monday, when we were iced in, I made curried coconut soup with chicken for lunch.  Well, it was almost this recipe.  I deviated a little:  I added a bit of fresh ginger, used vegetable broth instead of chicken, and used cilantro and green onions in place of basil.  Also, I used brown rice noodles.

It was the perfect healthy, warming thing for a snow day, and it only took about 25 min start to finish.  If you are vegetarian/vegan or don't have any roasted chicken on hand, this soup would be just as tasty with some veggies like bell pepper and sugar snap peas.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback makes me happy!