Friday, October 12, 2012

Linzano Chicken Sandwiches

I was super excited who I found Linzano salsa at the little Mexican market near my house.  It is difficult to find in the States.  Linzano salsa is a vegetable based condiment that is really popular in Costa Rica.  It is wonderful over simple rice and beans, grilled fish, and I have even seen people put it on fries.  This chicken sandwich is really simple, but packed with tons of flavor.

Linzano Chicken Sandwich
2 chicken breast, filleted (4 cutlets)
1/2 C Linzano salsa
1 1/2 Tbsp cider vinegar
3/4 tsp Tony Chachere's or seasoning salt
4 buns (I used ciabatta), lightly toasted
4 slices monterrey jack cheese
lettuce or baby spinach
thinly sliced red onion
chipotle honey mustard (I added some whole grain mustard to it)

   Combine Linzano, vinegar and Tony's.  Add chicken, marinate for at least 30 minutes.
   Cook chicken in a pan or on the gill over medium, about 4-5 minutes per side.  When chicken is almost done, top with cheese and allow it to melt.
   Assemble sandwiches.
   Serves 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback makes me happy!