Thursday, February 6, 2014

Roasted Garlic & Feta Ranch

For the cauliflower "wings" we had this past Sunday, I wanted bleu cheese dip because 1) match made in heaven and 2) bleu cheese is probably from heaven.  Well, Louis isn't too keen on it; a little bit in something is ok, but that's it.  So I decided to make a ranch.  I still wanted cheese and feta seemed like a nice salty foil to the tangy spice of the cauliflower.

Roasted Garlic & Feta Ranch
2 Tbsp mayo
1/2 small container plain Greek yogurt (~2 oz)
1/4 C buttermilk*
1/4 C crumbled feta
1 Tbsp freshly chopped dill
2 tsp roasted garlic
1/4 tsp onion powder
salt and pepper to taste

Combine ingredients.
Makes about 1 C.

*Use more or less buttermilk to get the constancy you would like.  This is a relatively thick dressing as is; for a salad, I would add another splash to make pouring/drizzling easier.
Note:  It is perfectly acceptable to use lowfat versions of all these things.  I used olive oil mayo, fat free greek yogurt (I wanted 2%, but the store was out of small containers), lowfat buttermilk, and full fat feta... I don't cut corners with cheese.  But feta is one of the cheese that is ok as lowfat, just please, don't use fat-free cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback makes me happy!