Monday, July 11, 2011

Beetle Rollups

WARNING:  Addictive.

   My mom made these for almost every party my parents had.  They are cheap, easy, and so so good.  She just calls them tortilla rollups, but I changed the name for Harry Potter.  I went a little extreme in my imagination for naming.  I thought, the chilis are sort of like bug guts, the olives look like shell bits, and the onion adds just a little bit of crunch like exoskeleton.  Sorry, you probably didn't need to know my throught process.....  I told Louis they were addictive before he tried them and his response was, "They are good; I don't know about addictive."  But, when we were eating them, he just kept popping them into his mouth without thinking.  He took back his previous statement.
Beetle Rollups
3 oz softened cream cheese (light or reg)
3 oz chopped green chilis (canned)
1/4 C chopped black olives (1 small can, drained)
2-3 Tbsp finely minced red onion
flour tortillas (6 6-inch or 3 10-inch)

   Combine cream cheese, chilis, olives, and onion.  Spread in a thin layer over tortillas.  Roll up.  Wrap in plastic and refrigerate until service.  (1-8 hours)
   Slice into about 3/4 inch slices.
   Serves 6-8 (or more) in a party setting

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback makes me happy!