Friday, December 30, 2011

Basil and Goat Cheese Spread

Unless you are delusional and include Valentine's Day, the Holidays are nearing an end.  It is sad, but I had a wonderful time.  Christmas was cozy and relaxed with some truly excellent food.

2011 Christmas Menu
Basil and Goat Cheese Spread
Chipotle Maple Glazed Ham
Slow Cooked Green Beans
Cheesy Hash-brown Casserole
Fruit and Jello Salad*
White Chocolate Bread Pudding
Blackberry Crisp

*Waaaay more delicious than the name implies.
We are a family that loves cooking, so the responsibilities were shared between me, my mom, my sister-in-law, and mother-in-law.  I only had to make an appetizer and the ham.  Both were very, very easy.  This little spread is easy to whip up at any time and is perfect for any type of get together.  (Like that last minute New Year's Eve party....)  Serve it with bread, crackers, veggies, or (my favorite) apples.

Basil and Goat Cheese Spread
4 oz cream cheese
4 oz goat cheese
1 heaping Tbsp fresh chopped parsley
1 heaping Tbsp fresh chopped basil*
3 cloves roasted garlic**
pinch of salt

   Cream cheeses together.  Fold in the rest of the ingredients.
   Makes ~1 C, 8-12 servings.

*I used basil that I pureed in olive oil over the summer to preserve it.  If you are using fresh, fresh basil  up the amount to 2 Tbsp.  OR substitute the basil and garlic for 1.5 Tbsp store bought pesto.
**To roast garlic, take cloves still in paper, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, and wrap in foil.  Bake at 350 fro 25 minutes.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback makes me happy!