Monday, July 16, 2012

All Purpose Smoking Rub

I told you about the rub I like to use for smoking, Dillo Dust.  Well, it seemed unfair to use a rub in a recipe that you can only get if you order from LaRue Tactical.  Last week I set out to make my own version of the rub for when I run out of Dillo Dust.  This version tastes almost exactly the same!  I cut down on the sugar a little then added a bit of spice because of my personal preferences.


Also, I feel like I need my own catchy name for this... so if you have any suggestions, please share.
7.6 lb Boston butt (cut into a few pieces)


All Purpose Smoking Rub
1 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp celery salt
1 Tbsp chili powder
1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 1/2 tsp onion powder
2 tsp sweet paprika
1 tsp hot paprika
1 tsp chipotle powder (optional)


   Combine everything.
   Makes enough for about 7.5 lbs of meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback makes me happy!