Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Creamy Dijon Vermouth Sauce

I've been trying to make more sauces lately.  We love eating fresh vegetables and fish in the summer, but I generally don't want to do too much to them.  Sauces are the prefect thing to jazz up a plain meal.  There are a lot of good bottled sauces in stores.  However, I don't normally buy bottled sauces or marinades so I forget  to to browse through that section.  This sauce is tangy, smooth, and creamy, yet light, and is made with ingredients I usually have on hand.
over salmon and roasted asparagus w/ zucchini quinoa

Creamy Dijon Vermouth Sauce
2 Tbsp dijon mustard
2 Tbsp dry vermouth
2 Tbsp all natural sour cream
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 med clove garlic, finely minced or pasted
1/4 tsp fresh cracked black pepper

   Combine all ingredients.  Warm over medium low heat.
   Serves 2-4 (Two if you pour it over everything, like I did in the picture)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback makes me happy!