Thursday, August 9, 2012

Alfresco's Crawfish & Andouille Ravioli

I love Alfresco's pasta.  Is there a word stronger than love?  Because, really, that is how I feel about these pasta artists.  I was first introduced to this company a few years ago at the Franklin's Farmers' Market.  Last year, when I started frequenting the Murfreesboro Saturday Market, I was so happy to see they had a little booth there as well.

The product list is larger than you may expect from an artisan company.  There are seasonal offerings, gluten free pasta (which I do not believe in, but whatever... I'll share my feeling on that subject at a later time), and they strive to use as-local-as-possible ingredients.  Quality is their focus and I have yet to eat anything less than spectacular from them.  I am not entirely sure if they ship, but the people I have met from the company are really nice and it never hurts to ask!
 
Alfresco's Crawfish & Andouille Ravioli w/ Cajun Cream Sauce and Shrimp 
1/2 lb crawfish and andouille ravioli*
1 tsp bacon fat (or olive oil)
1/2 C chopped andouille sausage
1/4 lb peeled and deveined shrimp, tossed in salt and pepper (I used a 56/60 count)
1 C diced tomatoes (canned or fresh, peeled if fresh)
1 clove garlic, minced
~ 1/2 C half and half
1/4 tsp dried thyme
dash of Tabasco

   In salted boiling water, cook ravioli for about 3 minutes.  (This is will not cook them all the way through.)  Drain.
   Heat bacon fat over medium heat in a non stick skillet.  Saute sausage until the edges start to brown.  Add tomatoes and garlic.  Cook for ~2 minutes, stirring constantly.
   Add thyme, Tabasco, and half and half.  Bring to a simmer and cook ~3 minutes.  Toss in shrimp and ravioli.  When shrimp are done, the ravioli should be done too.
   Serves 2.

*You may have noticed in the picture that there are only three ravioli on the plate and 1/2 lb doesn't seem like much.  Yes, I could eat an entire 1/2 lb by myself, but these babies are little pricey.  Also, they are huge (the size of my palm), so really, three is good...  I always hear you don't need to much of a good thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback makes me happy!