Monday, August 20, 2012

Wild Flours

A few weeks ago, I was tempted to pause in the middle of human traffic jam by the promise of free bread.  I have passed by the Wild Flours (also check out their FB page) booth at the Saturday market every weekend of the summer so far, but never stopped to browse their goods.  Well, that was a mistake on my part because they offer some incredibly delicious things.  Now, I can't get enough.  It is a physical feat to restrain myself from buying everything they have on Saturday mornings.

This lovely group of ladies, and maybe some behind the scenes men, I have no idea, have been in operation for a little over a year now selling their delectable baked goods at several local Murfreesboro venues.  Soon, they will be getting their very own store front, which means that I will have easy access to muffins and cinnamon rolls... not the best thing for my future, but great for them!  

Oh, and did I mention these crazy bitches grind their own wheat and cornmeal?  Seriously.  I love food, but that is a labor of love.  Pun FULLY intended.  It makes a difference too.  The goods have a softness to them that I don't think I could recreate even sifting the highest quality of store bought flour.  Everything is organic and all their products are sweetened with honey, not sugar.  I absolutely adore that, because I love the unique florally sweetness honey adds to food.  And it is better for your body than processed white sugar blah blah blah whatever.

If you don't live withing driving distance of Murfreesboro, TN.  I suggest you email them and see if you can sweet talk them into a mail order.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback makes me happy!