Friday, February 4, 2011

Double Mustard Dipping Sauce

   I had to wake up early today to take my cat to the vet and I have to wake up early tomorrow for TN Renaissance Festival auditions.  (I'm only costuming this year and will be there Memorial Day week as guest cast, but heeeell yeah!)  AND tonight, I know I am staying out late to see the lovely Ms. Hannah Phillips perform at the Bunganut Pig in Franklin!  (9 pm, if you wanna come!)  The point of that explanation is to tell you why this post is totally phoned in.

   Mustard.  Germanic and English.  No getting around that.  Had to be in Very Potter Menu.  I wanted a veg tray because we all need our veggies when drinking, so I made a double mustard dipping sauce for our vegetables.  Most people had the reaction, "Oh, this is spicy.... but it is good!"  It is not burn-off-your-taste-buds spicy.  It is horseradish spicy which is very different and it is not a building heat.  Very nice with a sweet carrot or tomato.  Also, fast, easy, and unexpected.  This would also be good with chunks of grilled meat for a party or just smeared over a roasted chicken breast for dinner

Double Mustard Dipping Sauce
1/4 C light mayonnaise
1/2 C plain yogurt (or light sour cream)
2 Tbsp stone ground mustard
2 tsp Colman's mustard (or other prepared English mustard)
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
cracked black pepper
dash of salt (if needed)

   Mix everything together.
   Almost 1 C.  Enough for vegetable tray for 8-10 people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback makes me happy!