Saturday, June 11, 2011

Mediterranean Menu for UFC 131

   As far as I know, we are having people over to watch the fight tonight (which I found out yesterday afternoon.)  I think Louis may be upset with me for planning a menu.  Which is unfair, he knows I can't have people at my house and feed them frozen tater tots and fatty, pre-formed burger patties!  I live for this type of thing.  Never mind the fact that I'm just going to be feeding drunk Marines... there are a few who will appreciate it.  While they may take for granted the amount of work I actually put into the menu planning and physical cooking, they will enjoy the food.  Even the dumbest person can discern a bad burger from a good burger; they just may not be able to voice or express the difference.  Wow, um... that came off kind of terrible.  Oh well.  (This is still a work in progress, I'll give you the final menu tomorrow.)

Mediterranean Inspired Fight Night Menu

Sliders with Provolone, Parsley Mayo, and Wilted Garlic Spinach on Focaccia

White Bean and Thyme Dip with Fried Potato "Chips"

Cacio e Pepe Broccoli Spears

Buttermilk Pound Cake with Ganache


*I don't include Louis in this category of Marines just so you know.  That would be awful.  He has a very good palate and adores good food.  I know he is simply trying to spare me when he says I don't have to cook, but it's my choice, buddy!  I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback makes me happy!