10 Stupidly Simple Steps to Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs
- Let eggs sit at room temp for at least 5 minutes.
- Place in a pot that is large enough for the eggs to be in a single layer and have some room to move. (If you could add 2 or 3 more eggs to the pot you are good.)
- Add enough luke warm or ambient temperature water to just cover the eggs.
- Bring to a boil. Boil for 7 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat and let sit for another 7 minutes.
- Place eggs in a bowl of cool water that has a few ice cubes. Let sit for 8-10 minutes.
- Dry eggs. Gently, but firmly tap eggs on a hard, flat surface until the middle part of the shell looks like a mosaic.
- Start to flake shell off with your finger nail/finger tip.
- Then use the side of your thumb to flake the rest of the shell off. (This helps to prevent taking out gouges of the white so you have a nice, smooth, whole egg.)