Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Black Bean Hummus (two versions)

Oops!  I totally skipped over the black bean hummus I promised you to go with the crispy smoked chicken rolls!  Sorry.  It almost seems unfair that I call this a recipe because it requires no effort, few ingredients, and it took me less than three minutes to make.  But, god, it is delicious!  I am going to give you two variations:  one is more the consistency of dip and the second is more like a traditional hummus.

Black Bean Hummus (v1)
1 can organic black beans, drained
2 lrg garlic cloves, roughly chopped
1/4 C extra virgin olive oil
juice of 1/2 lemon, about 1 Tbsp
1/2 tsp sea salt

   Puree all ingredients together until smooth.  I use my high powered immersion blender.  Season to taste.
   Makes about 1 3/4 C.  (This is the thinner version, pictured above.)

Black Bean Hummus (v2)
1 can organic black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can organic chick peas, drained
4 lrg garlic cloves, roughly chopped
~1/2 C extra virgin olive oil
juice of 1 lemon, ~2 Tbsp
1 tsp sea salt

   Puree it all together until smooth.  Season to taste.
   Makes about 4 C.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback makes me happy!