Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Spinach & Goat Cheese Pizza w/ Artichoke Sauce

I haven't shared a new pizza recipe in a while.  It is probably some vain, unconscious attempt to make you think we don't eat a lot of pizza.  Actually, we haven't had pizza in a few weeks and I really want some.  The sauce on this one keeps popping up in my mind.

Spinach & Goat Cheese Pizza w/ Artichoke Sauce
pizza dough, enough for a roughly 12" circle
3 C fresh spinach, roughly chopped
1 1/2 C shredded mozzarella
4 oz crumbled goat cheese
1/4 C shredded parmesan
sauce:*
1 C finely chopped marinated artichokes, partially drained
2 Tbsp melted butter
2 lrg cloves of garlic, minced

   Combine sauce ingredients.
   Pre-bake crust at 425 deg F for about 5 minutes.
   Spread sauce over crust.  Evenly distribute spinach over pizza.  Top with cheese.
   Bake at 425 deg F for 10-12 minutes, until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown.

*-When I made the sauce, in place of the butter and garlic, I used one of those garlic butter cups you get from take-out.  Why I had it, I have no idea; but it worked perfectly for this.  So if you happen to have one of those lurking in your fridge, use that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback makes me happy!