Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Caramel Walnut Brownies and Wed-ReDirect

Last Saturday, I was cleaning and making bread so I really just didn't want to bother with brownie batter. Yes, it is really easy, but sometimes it is not necessary to bake from scratch.  A good quality brownie mix should be a staple in the pantry.  I don't keep it in my pantry because I would make them and then eat them.  All of them.  But it is the perfect go-to solution for an easy dessert for guests.  It takes no effort to jazz up the mix and make them delectable.
Caramel Walnut Brownies
1 pkg brownie mix (I used a fudgey-chewy mix)*
1 C chopped walnuts
12 soft vanilla caramels, chopped (I cut them into 9 pieces)
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp salt

   *Make brownies according to package directions replacing any water with milk.
   Mix in cinnamon and salt.  Fold in walnuts and caramels.
   Bake according to package directions in a sprayed 13x9 pan.
   Cut to desired size.  (I say it serves 16)


AND be sure to check out Sartorial Sideline's guest post about McQueen at Save the Artist!  And check there later today for my post on building your kitchen tool kit.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback makes me happy!