Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Chipotle Shredded Pork

If you know me, you know that I adore braised pork.  Which is why I already have several recipes for the stuff.  Normally, I like to load it with spices and various yummy things.  But I refrained from my usual healthy use of the pantry; this is a seriously parred down version.  It is still every bit as delicious, but requires half the ingredients.  Perfect for tacos, salads, nachos, sandwiches, or just on its own with some rice and beans.
Chipotle Shredded Pork
1.75-2 lbs trimmed pork shoulder (or country ribs)
1 small onion, sliced
1 small red bell pepper, sliced (or 1/2 of a large pepper)
2 lrg coves garlic, minced
2 med chipotles, minced
vegetable oil
1/2 C water
salt and pepper

   Liberally salt and pepper pork.  Heat some oil over med-high heat in an oven safe pan.  Sear pork on all sides.
   Add veggies, garlic, chipotles, and water.  Cover.
   Place in a 325 deg F oven for 1 1/4- 1 1/2 hours.  Uncover for the last ~20 minutes.
   Shred pork (it should pretty much fall apart).  Return to pan.  Heat through and make sure most of the liquid is evaporated.
   Serves 4-6.

Ingredient Count: 5
Freebies:  salt, pepper, vegetable oil, water (Because you should always have these things on hand.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback makes me happy!