Friday, September 2, 2011

Chocolate Dipped Banana Bites

   First of all, I would just like to say I don't know how I feel about this interface change.  It has messed a couple things up.  For example, I can't view blogs as a logged in Blogger user.  Its like whenever FB changes... I feel like I have to learn crap all over again.  it never takes too long, but it feels like a chore.  At least this is format is extremely close to the WordPress format which is what Save The Artist uses.

   Alright, quick dessert are always great.  This one requires a teeny bit of planning because they are frozen, but an hour before dinner is plenty of time and they only take about 10 minutes to make.  Also, only 5 ingredients... total.  (My little homage to Claire Robinson.)  No crazy ingredients, I used what I had, hence the coffee creamer.  But, wow... it made for some seriously delicious chocolate!  I may use it for all my future ganaches.  Despite the simplicity they are the best little bite dessert I've had in a while.  The smooth decadent chocolate, frozen creamy banana, and a sweet little crunch from the raw sugar... sort of like a healthy bonbon.

Chocolate Dipped Banana Bites
1 lrg banana
1/2 C semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 Tbsp hazelnut creamer (non-dairy, liquid)
1 Tbsp strongly brewed coffee
2 tsp raw sugar
(toothpicks)

   Slice banana into about 10 pieces, on the bias or not.  Place on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper or parchment paper.  Put in freezer for about 10 minutes.
   In a double boiler set-up, add chocolate, coffee and creamer.  Melt together.
   Dip banana pieces into chocolate.  You'll probably need a spoon to help cover the pieces.  Place back on lined cookie sheet, sprinkle with raw sugar.  Insert toothpick.  Place back in freezer for at least 30.
   Let sit at room temp for 5 minutes before eating.
   Serves 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback makes me happy!