Monday, September 26, 2011

Lemon Oregano Pork and Zucchini

I can't fully explain how much I love this cooler weather!  In my opinion, it is perfect grilling weather.  Alright, I think most weather is grilling weather, but this is the best.  You don't dread the extra heat billowing from the grill.  You can just sit outside and relax while your dinner cooks.

Last week we threw together this rub for some pork and zucchini with things we had lying around.  It was delicious on both.  Likewise, it would be great on poultry, meaty seafood like halibut or shrimp, mushrooms... really, just about anything.  I love when a seasoning blend is so versatile.

Lemon Oregano Rub
3/4 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp lemon zest
1/4 tsp rosemary
1/4 tsp pepper

   Combine ingredients.
   Serves 4.  Enough for 4 3/4-inch pork loin chops (a medium sized piece of meat, ~6 oz) or 4 large zucchini.
   Lightly rub whatever you are cooking with oil then spread rub on both sides.  Cook as desired.  Finish with a squeeze of fresh lemon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback makes me happy!