Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Beef Stir Fry Pizza

   This sounds bat-shit insane.  I am fully aware of that.  While planning out our weekly menu, I said I wanted to try a new kind of pizza.  Neither of us could think of anything truly creative.  So I looked at Louis and told him to name a dish, anything, and I would make it into a pizza.  How did I not guess that he would say stir fry?  Stir fry is a staple in our house and I know Louis would eat it two or more times a week.  My expression probably read, "You've got to be kidding me."  However, I started thinking about it, and it seemed to make sense.  20 years ago BBQ chicken pizza sounded crazy.  This is basically Asian BBQ.  And let me tell you, it was amazing!  This is absolutely happening again.

   This recipe is giving you several things that can be used on their own.  The marinade on the beef is light and flavorful; great for beef or chicken on the grill.  And the sauce would make a perfect quick dipping sauce for cooked shrimp or veggies.

Beef Stir Fry Pizza
Pizza Dough
corn meal
1-1.5 C shredded mozzarella
1/2 onion, thinly sliced
1/2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
3-4 oz mushrooms, sliced
1/4 C cilantro, chopped
Marinated Beef:
1/3 lb beef, very thinly sliced (sirloin or flank steak)
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp rice vinegar
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp sesame oil
~1 tsp sriracha
baking soda*
Sauce:
1/2 C hoisen sauce
1 tsp grated ginger
1 tsp grated or pasted garlic
1 tsp sriracha

   Marinate beef for 30 minutes-all day.  Just before cooking, sprinkle with about 1/4 tsp baking soda (to tenderize).  Heat a little oil over medium-high heat, quickly sear beef.  Cook about half way through.
   Mix sauce.
   On a pizza pan or baking sheet, sprinkle a little bit of corn meal to prevent sticking.  Stretch dough into a roughly 12 inch circle.  Pre-bake on bottom rack at 450 deg F for 5-6 minutes, until bottom is just lightly golden. 
   Spread sauce over crust.  Top with cheese, veggies and beef.  Bake at 450 deg F for about 10 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbly.  Sprinkle with cilantro
   Serves 4.
PIZZA NIGHT <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback makes me happy!