Saturday, April 2, 2011

Honey Vanilla Yogurt with Fruit

   I had planned to make some awesome fancy dessert for my husband's homecoming.  Key lime creme brule?  Lemon curd pie?  Something crazy chocolatey with peanut butter?  But when I asked what he wanted he said fruit.  "Some sort of fruit salad with a yogurt sauce" was the exact quote, I believe.  I shouldn't have been so shocked.  He had been living off packaged food for the most of seven months.  Who wouldn't want something bright, fresh, and light?  Also, it was a lot less work on my part.  This is perfect for a light dessert or breakfast.  Use whatever fruit you like or have on hand; this sweet yogurt dressing will go with any fruit.
Honey Vanilla Yogurt with Fruit
1/2 C plain Greek or thick yogurt
2 Tbsp honey
zest of 1/2 lemon
juice of 1/2 lemon
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 pint strawberries, halved or quartered
1 1/2 C grapes, halved
1 lrg banana, sliced

   Combine yogurt, honey, lemon juice and zest, and vanilla.  Toss with fruit.
   Serves 4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback makes me happy!