Friday, April 15, 2011

Parsley and Parmesan "Crusted" Flank Steak

   The reason crusted is in quotations is that I found out my broiler doesn't work.  I turned on what I thought was a working broiler to 500 deg F, put the meat in and 5 minutes later it was just barely warm to the touch.  Attempting to broil something then finding out you do not have a top heating element is not fun.  So what started out as a "crusted" idea became a "melted" actuality.  It was still fantastically delicious, so it's not a big problem.  For now....  I know that at some point I am going to want to make something brown and crispy, though.
Parsley and Parmesan Flank Steak
2-2.5 lb flank steak
sea salt and fresh pepper
rosemary
garlic powder
onion powder
1/3 C fresh grated parmesan cheese
1/4 C chopped fresh parsley

   Lightly sprinkle both sides of steak with rosemary, garlic and onion powders.  Liberally salt and pepper steak.
   Place in 450 deg F oven near bottom rack for 6-7 minutes.  Flip and cook 3-4 minutes.  Combine cheese and parsley, top steak with it.  Cook another 3-4 minutes.  This should give you a medium/medium-rare steak.  Let rest 5-7 minutes.  Slice against the grain on a biased.
   Serves 4-6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback makes me happy!