Sunday, April 24, 2011

It's Your Life, Create and Inspire

   It is funny how in this day and age a Facebook status can you give you the emotional jolt you need to power through some of your weakest hours.  You won't hear from me for a few days.  There are some really trying things happening in my life at the moment which are moving to break my spirit and quench my desire to create.  This darkness has come so close to it's goal, but I am determined to power through it and come out stronger than ever.  At least... I'll find myself stronger.  Others may not, but they are not important.  Less than an hour ago, I felt like I was at the lowest point in my life.  I am still incredibly hurt, but an impossibly poignant Facebook status (first quote) helped to pick me up out of my slump.  Currently, I am in the process of making one of the most beautiful things I have touched with needle and thread.

   Normally I am not one for sappy, inspirational quotes.  However, at this very moment of my life, they seem appropriate.
"When you limit, you create a state of dis-ease. Each limitation set upon your potential is a stumbling block for your creation. Be the life of your desires without limitation and so do you find the pathway to your highest life self."   (I don't know who said this or if it is original,  from John Davis)
(In case you haven't read my side bar...)
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
~J.R.R. Tolkien 

"There is nothing to which men, while they have food and drink, cannot reconcile themselves."
~George Santayana 

"Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all."
~Harriet Van Horne



This is my message to you (and to myself):
Create out of love.  Create out of hate.  Create out of joy or sorrow or fear or ecstasy.  Create out of any of the thousands emotions we feel every day.  Just... create and make.  Do something you are proud of.  Fuck what anyone else says.  They don't matter.  People may try to bring you down out of spite or jealousy, but it is their own insecurities speaking.  You are better than them; prove it by doing something incredible.
Create.
Cook.  Sew.  Dance.  Paint.  Sing.  Write.  Anything. 

 Roatan, Honduras 
Infinite Inspiration

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback makes me happy!