Sunday, April 24, 2011

Cumin Spiced Steak Fries

   Roast potatoes.  Mmmm.  I make roast potatoes about once a week.  They are are my go to side dish.  Especially because you can line the baking sheet with foil and simply minimize clean up.  I am a little embarrassed to admit this, but when I am home alone for extended periods of time, I will eat only roast potatoes for dinner.  Crispy outside, fluffy inside... pure goodness.  Because I eat them so much, I like to switch up the flavorings I use.  These steak fries go with anything, in my opinion, because I think cumin goes with just about everything.  I am not giving amounts, because it depends on how many people you are feeding. You know how much of the stuff you like.
Cumin Spiced Steak Fries 1 large white potato per person, cut into wedges
extra virgin olive oil
sea salt
cracked black pepper
ground cumin
garlic powder

   Drizzle potato wedges (you'll get about 8-10 wedges per potato) with evoo.  Liberally salt and pepper.  Dust with garlic and cumin.  Toss potatoes to evenly distribute spices.  Arrange in a single layer on a foil lined baking sheet.
   Bake at 375 deg F for 20 minutes.  Flip potatoes.  Bake another 20 minutes.
   Serve with ketchup or chipotle sour cream... or nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback makes me happy!