Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Chili and Cumin Sweet Potato Oven Fries

   I adore sweet potatoes.  Looking through my archives, I am actually shocked at the lack of sweet potato recipes.  They are on my menu at least once a week, often twice.  Roasting them is my favorite.  It is so easy and doesn't get in the way of things on the stove; the perfect side dish.  Cumin and sweet potatoes is hands down my favorite.  The earthy smokeyness with the savory sweetness... to die for.  It feels like a really indulgent side dish, but sweet potatoes are one of the healthiest things you can eat.  Look it up.  Hahah!
Chili Cumin Sweet Potato Fries
1 1/2 lb sweet potatoes
3 Tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 tsp chili powder
1 1/2 tsp cumin
1/8 tsp cayenne (optional)
salt and pepper
cilantro

   Peel sweet potatoes.  Cut into wedges.  Toss with oil and spices.  Spread into a even layer on a baking sheet.  Bake 400 deg F for 25-35 minutes (time will depend on size of wedges).  Done when fork tender (this is a little softer than a regular white starchy potato.) Sprinkle chopped cilantro on top.
   Serves 4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback makes me happy!