Monday, March 7, 2011

Lemon Ginger Vinaigrette

  This light side salad is a blank slate just waiting to be turned into a complete meal.  Which it will be once I have my beloved, screaming-fresh shrimp again.  As it is, it is a perfect Indian inspired side that is bright and refreshing.  Also, this vinaigrette would make a lovely marinade for a mild fish like tilapia.
Lemon Ginger Vinaigrette
Juice 1 lemon
zest 1/2 lemon
1/2 tsp grated ginger
1 clove garlic, grated or pasted
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper
4 C lettuce
1/2 C chopped pistachios



   Combine lemon juice and zest, garlic, ginger, and oil.  Salt and pepper to taste.  Toss half of vinaigrette with lettuce.  Serve the rest on the side.
   Toast pistachios at 400 deg F for 3-4 minutes.  Sprinkle on top of salad
   Salad serves 4 side portions.
   Vinaigrette serves 4-6 depending on amount of dressing you prefer.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, I'm going to try this - I love lemon and ginger so, logically, this mix should be perfect for me!

    xoxo ~ Courtney
    http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Feedback makes me happy!