Monday, March 21, 2011

Garlic and Orange Fried Goat Cheese w/ Green Beans

   I am currently in the process of hand sewing 17 yards of seed pearls into a doublet.  More often than not, I think things like this are a good idea.  Usually, it turns out in my favor.  Luckily, this doublet is turning out in my favor.  It is so kickass.  Unfortanely, my computer is soooo slow that I am having to choose between a morning of blogging and a morning of sewing.  Hopefully, if I take it in today, I can have it back tomorrow or Wednesday.  I'll try to get a few posts together so I am not slacking too much on my self-imposed responsiblities to this little blog.  And maybe with a faster computer, I can attempt to give the look a bit of a face-lift.  I am really not good with computers though so that may not happen... one day it will.  When I am near my com-savvy friends again.

   On to the food.  Who doesn't love goat cheese?  If you don't love goat cheese, I assume you have never had good goat cheese before.  Fact: goat cheese is a miracle of nature.  There are very few things you can do to improve the cheese itself.  Normally I am just using goat cheese to enhance another dish.  However, when this stupidly simple idea came to me, it was a revalation.  I've seen fried goat cheese before, but never thought to make it for some reason.  I generally stay away from frying at home.  But I decided to go for it.  Nothing bad could really come of it except ruining a bit of cheese.  That didn't happen though.  Instead, I had these beautiful, tasty morsels of incredible goat cheese. 
Garlic and Orange Fried Goat Cheese
Per Serving:
1/2 in slice goat cheese
1/4 tsp pasted garlic
pinch of orange zest
Italian seasoned bread crumbs
extra virgin olive oil
  
   Let goat cheese soften a little at room temp.  Mash garlic and orange zest into cheese to thoroughly combine.  Putin refrigerator for at least 15 minutes to set up.
   Dip finger tips in cool water to prevent cheese from sticking while you work.  Form into quarter sized discs about 1/2 in thick.  From each serving portion, you will get three discs.  Press into bread crumbs to coat outside of cheese.
   Coat bottom of non stick pan with oil.  Heat over med-high.  Fry goat cheese for 1 1/2 minutes per side, just until golden brown and crispy. Place on paper towel to quickly absorb any excess oil.
   Serve hot over green beans, asparagus, on a salad, or as is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback makes me happy!