Sunday, March 13, 2011

Pork Fajita-Tacos

   I don't really know if these are tacos or fajitas.  They are kind of an in between thing.  Fajtacos?  Whatevs.  This is a great way to use left over pork chops  (see smokey rubbed pork chop post from a few days ago.)  We actually grilled the chops with the intention of using them this way.  If you are having the chops on their own, I suggest grilling up a couple more for these babies.  Just cool the meat and slice it thinly.  
Smokey Pork Fajtacos (I'm sticking with this word)
2 smokey rubbed pork chops, sliced
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
1 large bell pepper (any color or any combo), sliced
2 tsp minced garlic
1 recipe chipotle lime sour cream
lime wedges
fresh cilantro
warmed tortillas (corn or flour.... I was over ruled in this decision, I wanted corn.  They wanted flour.)
salt and pepper

   Saute onion and pepper until soft and tender.  Salt and pepper to taste.  Add garlic and pork.  Heat pork through.  Serve with tortillas, sour cream, cilantro and lime wedges.
   Serves 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback makes me happy!