Sunday, March 6, 2011

Salmon with Coriander Chutney Yogurt Sauce

   I bought all sorts of stuff at Spice of India when I catered for the book club.  That means I still have stuff left over.  I am trying to find new ways to use the items I bought.  Like the coriander chutney.  This bright green, spicy sauce is so fresh and delicious.  I would put it on anything as is.  However, in the spirit of transforming store bought ingredients, and to tone down the verdant heat, this sauce was created.  Creation is also based on the fact that I had eaten several heavy meals in a row and wanted something light.


Light Indian Inspired Menu
Salmon w/ coriander chutney yogurt Sauce
Indian style rice
Salad w/ lemon ginger vinaigrette
Grilled pineapple
 
Salmon w/ Coriander Chutney Yogurt Sauce
1/3 C thick, plain yogurt
2 Tbsp purchased Coriander Chutney
1/4 tsp lemon zest
juice 1/2 lemon
1/2 tsp grated ginger
1 1/3 lb salmon fillets (cut into 4 portions)
salt and pepper
cooking spray

   Combine yogurt, chutney, lemon zest and juice, and ginger.  
   Salt and pepper fish.  Lightly spray both sides of fish with cooking spray.  Place in grill basket or directly onto grill.  Cooking 3-4 min per side (our fillets were ~3/4 inch thick).
   Spoon sauce over fish.
   Serves 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback makes me happy!