Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thanks be unto... the best friends EVER!

   Let's talk about sex Thanksgiving.

   It is just days away and I am super excited, so get ready for too many posts per day so I can fit in some great recipes!.  This year, it will be just be me, my parents, and my little brother (well.... little as in 21...), but I still got to have a huge awesome Thanksgiving meal with my bestest friends in the entire world!  We had a feast this past Sunday.  Afterwards, we all kind of crawled around the house until our food digested enough to play the craziest game of Loaded Questions that has ever been played:  Dead Helen Keller Babies, anyone?  I know.  That's horrible, but our food was far from horrible or disturbing!  I can't remember the last time I ate that much food. 
I am pretty sure in the beginning there was 2x the amount of food on this plate.

Our menu:
   I guess I'll start off the recipe parade with our dessert.  We knew there was going to be tons of food, so a heavy sweet treat was kind of out of the question.  Something people could pick up and nibble on was a good option.  These cookies have an amazing pumpkin flavor and aren't too sweet.  And if you enjoy cake-like cookies, you'll adore the light, almost fluffy texture of these!  The recipe was sent to me by a friend in Florida.  I deviated from the original recipe slightly, because we made them sort of spur of the moment and had to work with what was there.

Pumpkin and White Chocolate Cookies
2 C flour
1 C sugar (brown or white)
1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 C pumpkin puree
1 egg
1/2 C vegetable oil
1 Tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 C white chocolate chips.

   Combine flour, sugar, spice, baking soda, and salt.  In a separate bowl (or in a well in the dry ingredients), combine pumpkin, egg, oil, milk and vanilla.  Slowly mix wet and dry ingredients together.  Fold in chips.
   On a lightly greased cookie sheet, drop tablespoons of batter about 2 inches apart.
   Bake 350 deg F 13-15 min.  Until edges are lightly golden.

Pictures obviously by Heather!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback makes me happy!